Saturday, January 1, 2011

Me and my what?

All holiday season long, I kept hearing:

"Merry Christmas to you and yours."  
"Happy Holidays to you and yours." 
"Happy New Year to you and yours."

Everytime I heard that, I thought, "Me and my what?"

What's the big secret?  Why is it up to me to fill in the blank?  Just say it.  Me and cats?  Me and my postman?  Me and my Christmas tree?   People can't even take the time to wish me an entire Christmas thought?   It just dangles out there like a neglected participle, swinging in the wind.  

That has just always bugged me.  It's not even a complete sentence.  

I don't know.  Maybe its just me.

I'm going to be stingy and leave "yours" out of it.  I'll take care of you, you take care of yours. 

Happy New Year to YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment