Sunday, January 30, 2011

Feeling Lucky

My husband and I were at the grocery store last Saturday night (because we have been married so freaking long that Saturday nights are now relegated to satisfying our stomach hunger instead of other more interesting hungers).  

As we were heading toward the checkouts, we took a shortcut through the pharmacy aisle.   We passed a young man of about 20 years old.  He was facing the condom display, pondering all the options.   Believe you me, “Ribbed for her pleasure” is a marketing ploy made up by men and total b.s.   But that is another blog entry.

Anyway, we made it to the checkout.  My husband loaded our goods onto the sticky conveyer while I caught up on all the celebrity gossip and read the cover of all the magazines (Good Housekeeping, Redbook, Cosmo, etc).  Someone is having a baby, someone else is gay.  Someone is on a diet, fake boobs, 69 sex secrets men won’t tell you (which is stupid because if anyone is going to be forthcoming about what they want in the bedroom, it is going to be a man!) and the latest way to lose 20 pounds in 20 minutes eating double fudge brownies while hopping on one foot.

When I was finished catching up on the important world news, I looked over to the gigantic red lotto vending machine.  There was that same young man.  He was standing there contemplating his options of the quickest way to buy 20 tickets and become a millionaire right there in the grocery store. 

I couldn’t help it.   Lotto tickets and condoms.   The first thing that popped into my mind was,
“He is looking to get lucky in every way possible way this weekend!” 



No comments:

Post a Comment