Monday, March 24, 2014

Relaxation can be stressful

I've had reason enough to be tense lately.  So I thought I would look into the mysterious world of meditation.  Wanting to try something for free first, I hopped onto the website for the local library.  It took me to the Lakeland Cooperative website search screen.   I looked up 'meditation DVD' and it returned a few hits, displaying that none of the copies were located close by.  I would have to request that they be transferred to my library.  Instant gratification - denied.

I clicked on one that said it was in Idaho or Pluto or something of equal distance.  It said, "on shelf."  I clicked on "Place Hold."  A message was returned, "We don't have any copies."  Huh?  I just saw one!

Thinking I did it wrong (but knowing deep in my heart that I didn't), I tried it all over again.  KDL.org, 48 digit library card number, Lakeland Cooperative, MetCal (whatever that is), look up the DVD and again got rejected. 

I ended up trying three different ways and almost dissolved in to tears, swearing at my laptop and yelling, "it's there! it's there!"

I thought of the irony and just started laughing.  I was about to have a stroke caused by the sheer anger of trying to locate a DVD that would relax me.  Laughing about it made me feel better and that is when I realized that laughter - not meditation - is the best medicine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment