Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What's Your GPA?

My husband and I were driving to the Detroit area last weekend.   I was bored so I passed the time reading all the billboards.   Several of the them were promoting an area university.  The advertising money was so well spent that I can’t even remember which college it was (Lansing Community, Michigan State, I don't know).   

Anyway, the ad showed a picture of a smiling high school graduate and their corresponding fantabulous grade point average that apparently helped get them into the mystery college.
 
What caught my attention was that several of these GPAs were over 4.00.   One of the ads said the girl graduated with a 4.75.  Not having a grade point that high, I didn’t realize they could go over 4.00.  I thought a 4.00 was like 100% or like bowling a perfect game. 

So to me, telling someone you graduated school with a 4.75 grade point average is like telling someone you bowled a game that scored 315 points.  

I don't know, maybe its just me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment