Thursday, March 24, 2011

If You Open It - They Will Come

I was doing my shift at the kitty shelter last night, Focus on Ferals.  One of the residents, Kipton, is on medication this week.   I have to put a little bit of wet food (otherwise known as Gourmet Puree) on a plate, then pour the powered medication over it, mix in all the yummy pharmaceutical goodness and feed it to him.   

Well, the other cats know that what I don't feed to Kipton, they get.  I barely picked up the can and the alert went out!  They started moving toward me, paw by paw, inch by inch.  

I then opened the can and that did it!  The frenzy started.   "Mew", less polite was the "Meow, ahem, I said, me-OW!", and the totally pushy "Hey you there girly human, I am RIGHT HERE!".  Such language...

I started scooping the goop onto some paper plates and they were yelling and closing in on me and one even tried to climb my jeans!  

I suddenly felt like Tippi Hedren in The Birds!!!

they are so cute...



No comments:

Post a Comment